Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review Policy

I do accept books for review! (Yes, that includes self-published books, if they sound compatible with my reading interests.) If you would like me to review something, contact me via (theseasodeep) [at] gmail [dot] com. Before you do that, though, please read this brief review policy.

My preferred genres are the following, or any permutation thereof:
  • Fantasy
  • Science fiction
  • Historical
  • Thriller
  • Mystery
I especially love young adult books that fit into those genres, but adult fiction is great too. :)

I do NOT accept:
  • Romance
  • Straight-up horror (I will read very dark fantasy)
Even in the genres I accept, I'm not interested in books that focus heavily on romance, or feature graphic sexual content.

Policies:
  • I try to review every book that I receive. It might not be extensive, but I will give at least a brief review.
  • My reviews are honest. This means that if I do not enjoy the book, I won't lie about that. However, I will try to limit my comments to the content of the book, and avoid discussing the author.
  • I attempt to post reviews as soon as possible after I finish reading. However, if you would like me to hold a review until around the release date for an ARC, I can do that too--just let me know.
  • I am equally happy with physical copies or eBooks. I accept .mobi, .epub, or .pdf files. Love my Kindle and my iPad. :)
  • All reviews are cross-posted here and to Goodreads. I can also post to Amazon.com and many other sites if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment